What's new in the Advanced File Organizer
April 13, 2007
- New visual mode of categories setting (using Drag'n'Drop) called Visual Category Assistant.
- Extract information from ISO and Nero CD/DVD images and import it as a folder.
- Import information from DVD-Video.
- Full compatibility with Windows Vista
- Fast program loading and immediate switching between Location Tree and Category View modes.
- Ability to minimize the Search window.
- New option to avoid search in archives.
- Ability to search inside any object or set of objects by context menu item "Find in".
- Ability to select the program to open file when use "Execute" menu item with the key SHIFT pressed.
- Unpack and import files with descriptions inside archives.
- Translation to Spanish language.
June 27, 2005
- Resizable description (bottom) pane.
- Possibility to add several disks at a time (batch disk adding).
- Some fixed bugs
May 11, 2005
- Work with network disks and folders.
- Import information from font files.
- Detecting the type of CD and DVD disks: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc.
- Batch addition mode for adding several disks into catalog.
- Ability to switch off the autorun feature while inserting the disk.
- Some interface improvements: marking the column sorted by; the same window for adding disks and folders.
- Summary report of the file types.
November 9, 2004
- Work with PKZIP v8 archive file format.
- Work with large ZIP archive files (more than 2GB).
- Improve work with archive files contained large quantity of files and folders inside.
- Ability to hide Information and Properties Panels (from the right part of the main Window).
- Division large HTML file with export result into several parts.
- Ability to delete files and folders from search result.
May 27, 2004
- Work with ACE archive files.
- Import information from PDF documents.
- Ability to delete files and folders from catalog.
- Some reports improvements.
February 17, 2004
- Possibility to combine folder and disks with same names in the Category View.
- Support Removable Storage Manager (it will help if you have a disk changer or library of removable disks).
- Import information from Microsoft Office documents.
- Fixed some bugs in the MP3 import function.
- Fixed bug when Search window did not appear and program was freezing.
- Some interface improvements.
October 7, 2003
- Export to XML format.
- Import information from MP3 and HTML files.
- Support the proxy servers where authorization is required.
July 11, 2003
- Export to Microsoft Excel (XLS) and HTML formats.
- Report and export customizing.
- Search for duplicates.
- Proxy support for CDDB.
February 5, 2003
- Ability to assign several categories to one item (file, folder or disk).
- Reporting and printing functions.
- Support for archive files (RAR and ZIP).
- Importing the Audio CD information from CDDB.
- Full support of Windows XP visual styles.
- Ability to create catalog backups.
- German language support.Special thanks to Karlheinz Dölger.
- Some interface improvements (including new toolbar icons).
July 12, 2002
- Fixed some interface bugs.
- Search in disk names is improved.
- Fixed some bugs in Smart search.
March 25, 2002
- Groups for disks.
- Option to select the action on double-click.
- Auto-opening last used catalog in the last used browse mode.
- Multiple selection in the search results.
- Assigning a category to several selected files at once.
- Searching for files without category.
- 'Search for substring' mode by default.
November 12, 2001
- Solved the menu problem that occurred on some video adapters.
- Fixed some bugs with category tree organization.
- Fixed a bug in displaying categories.
October 01, 2001
- Ability to search through the previous search results.
- Assigning a category for the entire disk.
- Retrieving descriptions from such files as 'descript.ion', 'file_id.diz' and other.
- Compact file size format.
- Custom options.
- Fixed bug in disk sorting.
July 05, 2001
Advanced Search options are added:
- Searching through descriptions and category names.
- Search by dates and (or) by size.
- Searching through a specified category.
May 15, 2001
- File Description on the Bottom (detail) Panel.
- Dialog windows in Windows 2000 style (for Windows 2000 and ME).
- Large fonts support.
- Update and Scan operations work more correctly.
- Improved interface.
- Some bugs are fixed.
April 09, 2001
- Ability to restructure the Category Tree using Drag-n-Drop.
- Working with several files.
- Multiple Selection, Select All and Invert Selection operations.
- Ability to search for folders only.
- Category size is available.
- Integration of several catalogs.
- Improved import of the category trees.
March 04, 2001
- Opening files and folders in Explorer.
- Export of search results to Excel with Comma Separated Values format (*.csv).
- Files executing.
- Scanning disks for folders only.
- Adding individual folders.
- Layout saving.
February 15, 2001
- Bugs in Save operation are fixed.
- Bugs in Update operation are fixed.
- The Scan and Update operations are optimized.
- Minor interface bugs in Search are fixed.
January 28, 2001
- Basic search for files and folders capabilities.
- Most Recently Used menu is available.
- Improved documentation.
- Several user interface enhancements.
- Sorting categories in the category tree is corrected.
- Minor interface bugs are fixed.
December 26, 2000
The first release of Advanced File Organizer
Version 1.0 beta 1
October 10, 2000
The first beta version of Advanced File Organizer